Fedex Misleading Promises and Unreliability



This Day is supposed to be a happy and exciting day because I am suppose to received the gift that was sent to me last december 15, 2011 through Fedex Delivery Service. Yesterday when I called Fedex hotline, they inform me that my package was cleared in the Philippine Customs and released, the sender arrange for the payment of duties, taxes and local charges by him to pay so I will not need to go to the bank to deposit the payment of the taxes that will surely takes time to verify, so we both expected that the package will be delivered today.
As morning comes, I called Fedex hotline again and they confirm to me that my package was released already and in transit for delivery here in our province. To confirm if it will be delivered today, Fedex hotline makes me call their Fedex Costumers service to verify. Well I call them up and they confirm it by telling me that it is already on their local station for our province and the truck already leave at 8:25AM this morning. I was very happy and looking forward to finally received my gift today, then afternoon comes, waiting seems like forever, around 4pm I started to doubt if it will arrive today so I call them up again to follow up.


What makes me pissed and upset is that Fedex told me that my package was out of the area on where their delivery truck goes, what a sudden news! To make it worst, since these days is a holiday season, my package will be delivered next week, and I have to wait for another 4 days for it to arrive. Imagine, they use the holidays as an escape for the delay, whereas the package was supposed to be Christmas gift. Fedex America promised that it will arrive on me around 5days from the date when it was sent.

The misleading information that comes from Fedex is that they give a time frame on when the package will be delivered and never inform the sender of the possible delays due to the local customs, paying of taxes and duties. Fedex also did not tell the sender about the insane taxes that will come with it, knowing that ofcourse the sender provided the address on where the package is going, it should be Fedex responsibility to inform the sender, aside from the taxes, Fedex did not tell about the releasing, storage and local charges and a lot of other unreasonable and unexpected hidden fees.

The worst nightmare about Fedex comes when all of the charges was settled but still the delivery was delayed. Very unaccepted and unreasonable that all those delay was suppose to be known by the package sender and reciever, but NO, no one on Fedex people told us all about this insane delay and big charges. What if the package being sent is a very important one and will be needed on the exact time as they promised? well it just means that Fedex is unreliable and cannot be trusted with the words they are saying. How sad that the supposed to be exciting gifts become a nightmare and frustration.

The lesson that we learn is that to never use Fedex service again, for it will just mislead and give false information and false hope to the costumers and consumers.

Comments